As most of you know, we’re currently running a Kickstarter in order to bring the next issue of GEEKED back into print (as well as to compensate our contributors, get us to Cons, etc). There’s lots of great goodies available for our backers, including T-shirts, tote bags and My So-Called Secret Identity comic books!
Maybe the best thing you could get out of backing our Kickstarter though, is to get your paws on a copy of our next issue (as a .pdf or printed zine)! Issue #8 Breaking Boundaries has got some of the most kick-ass content we’ve compiled in a long time and we figured, if we really wanted to get you geared up to see this puppy in print, you would need to know that you’re going to get your money’s worth! So, here is a sneak peek at some of the amazing things you can expect to find in Breaking Boundaries:
- An interview and behind-the-scenes photos from Maya G* the creator and star of RAIN: a fan film about Storm
- An original comic from artist Rory Midhani
- A discussion about the rise and success of LGBTQ YA fiction
- A feature on female:pressure the feminist initiative looking to break boundaries in the electronic music industry
- An interview with spoken-word poet Dean Atta on his boundary-breaking performances and collaborations with artist Ben Connors
- A feature on best-selling, self-published author Mel Sherratt
- A review of Namesake and interview with the creators
- A feature about Trans support communities online
- An interview with the creator of Black Girl Nerds, Jamie Broadnax
- A feature on the boundary-breaking webcomics of Tab Kimpton
- Original illustrations from Cristina Polop, Rory Midhani, and MORE!!
We are STUFFING this issue full of cool and as per usual, it will be full of gorgeous illustrations created by a pack of talented, up-and-coming artists.
Still not sure you’re getting your money’s worth? Let us throw in a little extra…
If you help us reach £1000 by the end of Sunday 29 March 2015, we’ll release a FREE digital comic book compiling Ilse Toro‘s original comic A Foreign Species featured in issues 1-4 of GEEKED.
We are in it to win it with this Kickstarter because we think this issue is going to kick all kinds of ass! Remember every little bit helps (you can pledge as little as £1) and if your pockets are empty, we’ll still love you dearly for circulating our campaign amongst your friends and family!